Real-Time Ca2+ Detection
The fluorescent, genetically-encoded Ca2+ indicator (GECO) was developed by Robert Campbell’s lab at University of Alberta. R-GECO can be paired with cADDis, our green fluorescent cAMP sensor, or our green fluorescent Upward and Downward DAG sensors to simultaneously detect both Ca2+ and cyclic AMP or Ca2+ and diacylglycerol in living cells. The BacMam delivery system enables consistent and controllable expression in a wide variety of cell types including iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes.
Our Red GECO2+ Assay is easy to combine with another sensor.
GECO Ca2+ BacMam Kits
US & Canada Prices∗:
10 mL … $595
30 mL … $1195
60 mL … $1795
∗Outside the US & Canada? Please check with regional distributors for local pricing.
Plate Reader or Microscope Compatible
Easy to Detect
The addition of isoproterenol raises both the resting level of calcium as well as increasing the frequency/probability of signaling.
Protocols can be found in our main menu across the top of the page or by clicking the link below:
- P. Tewson, S. Martinka, S. Tillo, T. Hughes, A.M. Quinn, C. Peters (2016). Simultaneous detection of GPCR second messengers in living cells. BMG Application Note
- Tewson, P., Westenberg, M., Zhao, Y., Campbell, R., Quinn, A.M., Hughes, T.E. Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+ and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells. PLoS One. 2012.
- Tewson, P.H., Quinn, A.M., and Hughes, T.E. (2013). A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 18, 797–806.
- Wu, J., Liu, L., Matsuda, T., Zhao, Y., Rebane, A., Drobizhev, M., Chang, Y., Araki, S., Arai, Y., March, K., Hughes, T.E., Sagou, K., Miyata, T., Nagai, T., Li, W., Campbell, R.E. Improved Orange and Red Ca2+ Indicators and Photophysical Considerations for Optogenetic Applications. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013 Jun 19.
- Tewson, P.H., Quinn, A.M., and Hughes, T.E. (2013). A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 18.
- Carlson, H.J., Campbell, R.E. Mutational Analysis of a Red Fluorescent Protein-Based Calcium Ion Indicator. Sensors, 2013.
In your GECO kit:
- 5,10, 30, or 60 mL of Sensor
- HDAC Inhibitor
- Agonist Controls
- GPCR Receptor Controls