Robust Assays in Living Cells
» Easy assay steps – No cell lysis
» BacMam delivery to most cell types
» Fluorescence imaging or plate reader detection (Z’ > 0.8)
» Physiologically-relevant and cell friendly
» No forskolin or IBMX needed
» No enzymes or co-factors
» Multiplex GPCR Assays: Gs, Gq, Gi, Voltage
Recent discoveries using our live cell fluorescent sensors:
- Q. Wang, A. N. Pronin, K. Levay, J. Almaça, A. Fornoni, A. Caicedo, V. Z. Slepak. Regulator of G protein signaling Gβ5-R7 is a crucial activator of muscarinic M3 receptor-stimulated insulin secretion. FASEB J. 2017 Jul 7, fj.201700197RR.
- P. Tewson, S.Martinka, C. Berlot, T. Hughes, A.M. Quinn, S. Tillo, Measuring dynamic and real-time cAMP levels using cADDis, a live-cell indicator for Gs and Gi signaling. SLAS 2017.
- SLAS Conference Abstract, 2017. Direct Measurements of Gi signaling and its dynamic interplay with Gs using cADDis, a live-cell assay for cAMP with improved sensitivity.
- P. Tewson, A.M. Quinn, T. Hughes. Dynamic Measurements of Gi Signaling in Living Cells. FASEB J. 2016 April, vol. 30 no. 1. Supplement lb478
- J. Almaça, J. Molina, D. Menegaz, A.N. Pronin, A. Tamayo, V. Slepak, P. Berggren, A. Caicedo. Human beta cells produce and release serotonin to inhibit glucagon secretion from alpha cells. Cell Reports, Volume 17, Issue 12, p3281–3291, 2016.
- GLP-1 stimulates insulin secretion by PKC-dependent TRPM4 and TRPM5 activation. J Clin Invest. 2015; 125(12):4714-4728.
- Does PKC activation increase the homologous desensitization of µ opioid receptors? Br J Pharmacy. 2015; 172(2):583-92.
- PKC-dependent Phosphorylation of the H1 Histamine Receptor Modulates TRPC6 Activity. Cells. 2014. 3(2): 247-257.
- New DAG and cAMP Sensors Optimized for Live-Cell Assays in Automated Laboratories. J Biomol Screen. 2015. DOI: 10.1177/1087057115618608
- A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. J Biomol Screen. 2013. 18, 797–806Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+ and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells. PLoS ONE. 2012. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0042791
- Cilia Have High cAMP Levels That Are Inhibited by Sonic Hedgehog Regulated Calcium Dynamics. PNAS 2016. In Press