Oct4, or Octamer binding transcription factor 4, forms a complex with Sox2. It is thought to be crucial in maintaining self renewal in stem cells. The RefSeq for the human sequence is: NM_001285987.1
Advantages to using BacMam for Yamanaka Factor expression:
- Adjust the expression levels of the factors by simply adjusting the amount of the BacMam you add to the culture.
- Adjust the relative amounts of transcription factor expression by adjusting the ratio of the different amounts of the different BacMam viruses you add.
- Transduce the cells multiple times, over multiple days, to produce prolonged expression.
- The BacMam vector produces transient, integration free expression.
- BacMam vectors are shelf stable in the refrigerator for over a year.
- BacMam vectors are cost effective. Each of our products contains 10 mls of virus at 2 * 10e10 viral genes per ml, exceeding competitors Lentivirus products by orders of magnitude.
We strive for prompt delivery of each order, so we ship by FedEx 2-day service in lightweight, sturdy, and reusable/biodegradable packaging with an insulated cooler and moisture-resistant refrigerant gel packs. Shipping days are Mon-Wed so product does not sit in transit over the weekend. Web store ships to US & Canada only, contact sales for other locations.