Live Cell DAG Assay Kit
Our DAG Assay is a simple and effective way to measure in diacylglycerol signaling in real time. This genetically-encoded fluorescent sensor is available in both red or green versions, can be expressed in a variety of cell types for plate reader or imaging applications.
Red DAG sensor multiplexed with a green cAMP sensor indicates dose-dependent signaling via a calcitonin receptor.
DAG Assay Performance
Off the shelf kits include the DAG sensor in BacMam, a BSL-1 viral vector for efficient delivery to most cell types. Purified BacMam, AAV, Lenti vectors by request.
- Easily detectable on plate readers or imaging systems
- Consistent well-to-well expression
- High signal-to-noise ratio
- Minimal liquid handling
- No cell lysis
- 96 or 384 well compatible
Multiplex GPCR Assays:
Combine the red or green DAG sensor with another GPCR assay to measure multiple second messengers simultaneously
- Red or green sensor version
- Single channel, non-FRET signal
Multiplex DAG and PIP2
Multiplex DAG and Calcium
Multiplex DAG and cAMP
- Ohno, et al.Dynamics of Presynaptic Diacylglycerol in a Sensory Neuron Encode Differences between Past and Current Stimulus Intensity. Cell Reports, Vol. 20, Issue 10. Sept. 2017
- Shigeto, et al. GLP-1 stimulates insulin secretion by PKC-dependent TRPM4 and TRPM5 activation.J Clinical Invest. 2015. doi:10.1172/JCI81975.
- P. Rorsman, et al. GLP-1 stimulates insulin secretion by PKC-dependent TRPM4 and TRPM5 activation J Clinical Investigation Nov. 2015
- Arttamangkul, et al. Does PKC activation increase the homologous desensitization of μ opioid receptor? British Journal of Pharmacology.Jan. 2015.
- Xingjuan, et al. PKC-dependent Phosphorylation of the H1 Histamine Receptor Modulates TRPC6 Activity.Cells. 2014.
- P. Tewson, et al. New DAG and cAMP Sensors Optimized for Live-Cell Assays in Automated Laboratories. J Biomol Screen Dec. 2015. Request Full Text PDF
- J. Williams, et al. Does PKC activation increase the homologous desensitization of μ opioid receptors? British Journal of Pharmacology April 2014
- Tewson, et al. Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells.PLoS One. 2012.
- C. Peters, et al. Simultaneous detection of GPCR second messengers in living cells. BMG LabTech Dec. 2016.
“Assay is working beautifully with cardiomyocytes, showing a strong and immediate response.”Kit Werley
Expression in human islets is pretty superb, after 18 hours of incubation. An excellent probe!Dr. Andrei Tarasov
Order DAG Assay Kits