The GECO assays (R-GECO, G-GECO) are fluorescent calcium assays for real time kinetic readouts. This genetically encoded fluorescent sensor is available in both red or green versions, can be expressed in a variety of cell types for plate reader or imaging applications. Developed by Robert Campbell’s lab at University of Alberta, Montana Molecular packages these calcium sensors in viral vectors for robust expression in your favorite cells.
Bright Red and Green Fluorescent Calcium Sensors
- Genetically encoded for low toxicity
- Real-time kinetic readout
- Robust expression in variety of cell types
Multiplex Ca2+ Assay
Easily combine red or green GECO sensors with other GPCR sensors to measure multiple pathways simultaneously
GECO Assay Performance
Off the shelf kits include the GECO sensor in BacMam, a BSL-1 viral vector for efficientl delivery to most cell types. Purified BacMam, AAV, Lenti vectors by request.
- Single-channel readout is detectable on standard fluorescence plate readers or imaging systems.
- Robust expression in wide variety of cell types
- Combine with Gs/Gq assay for calcium signaling specificity
- Can be targeted to mitochondria or other microdomains
- M.C. Cañizal, et al. A Dual Ca2+/ DAG Sensor Reports on Ligand Efficiency.
- C. Xingjuan, et al. PKC-dependent Phosphorylation of the H1 Histamine Receptor Modulates TRPC6 Activity. Cells. 2014.
- P. Tewson, et al. A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 18, 2013.
- J. Wu, et al. Improved Orange and Red Ca2+Indicators and Photophysical Considerations for Optogenetic Applications. ACS Chem Neurosci. Jun. 19, 2013
- H.J. Carlson, et al. Mutational Analysis of a Red Fluorescent Protein-Based Calcium Ion Indicator. Sensors, 2013.
- P. Tewson, et al. Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells. PLoS One. 2012.
“Assay is working beautifully with cardiomyocytes, showing a strong and immediate response.”Kit Werley
Expression in human islets is pretty superb, after 18 hours of incubation. An excellent probe!Dr. Andrei Tarasov
Order Calcium Assay Kits