Gain insight into diabetes disease mechanisms and GLP-1 receptor pharmacology with bright fluorescent biosensor assays. Examine Biased agonism at the GLP-1 receptor in cell models and GPCR second messenger signaling in pancreatic islet cells.
GPCR Signaling in Diabetes
Monitor GPCR second messenger signaling kinetics with live-cell, fluorescent GPCR assays. Green and red fluorescent biosensor assays can be combined to detect simultaneous signaling in the same cells or wells. Co-transduce GPCRs like the GLP-1 receptor (#Z0600N) in cell models of diabetes. Monitor bright fluorescent assay signals on automated plate readers or imaging systems.
Expression in Pancreatic Islet Cells
Use assay-ready BacMam vectors to express fluorescent biosensors in pancreatic islets and image signaling kinetics. Target expression to specific cell sub-populations with custom promoters.
Read about research utilizing our assays in pancreatic islet cells:
Mouse Pancreatic Islets
- S. Bitsi, et al. Divergent acute versus prolonged in vivo GLP-1R responses in β-arrestin 2-deleted primary beta cells. bioRxiv. April 2022.
- A. Kim, et al. Arginine-vasopressin mediates counter-regulatory glucagon release and is diminished in type 1 diabetes. eLife. November 2021. (bioRxiv)
- M. Draper, et al. Imaging Meets Cytometry: Analyzing Heterogenous Functional Microscopic Data from Living Cell Populations. J. Imaging. January 2021.
- N. Daram, et al. Glucagon-like Peptide 1 Shows Glucose Dependence in Regulating Islet Hormone Secretion. Metabolism. March 2020.
- M. Marasco et al. Interleukin-6 Reduces b-Cell Oxidative Stress by Linking Autophagy With the Antioxidant Response. Diabetes. August 2018.
- A. Hamilton et al. Adrenaline Stimulates Glucagon Secretion by Tpc2-Dependent Ca2+ Mobilization From Acidic Stores in Pancreatic α-Cells. Diabetes. June 2018.
- M. Shigeto, et al. GLP-1 stimulates insulin secretion by PKC-dependent TRPM4 and TRPM5 activation. J Clinical Invest. 2015.
Human Pancreatic Islets
- J. H. Cho, et al. Islet primary cilia motility controls insulin secretion. bioRxiv. December 2021.
- J. Almaça, et al. Human beta cells produce and release serotonin to inhibit glucagon secretion from alpha cells.Cell Reports, Volume 17, Issue 12, 2016.
- J. Knudsen, et al. Dysregulation of Glucagon Secretion by Hyperglycemia-Induced Sodium-Dependent Reduction of ATP Production. Cell Metabolism. February 2019.
Alternate viral vectors (AV, Lentivirus, AAV) are available by special order as well.
GLP1-R Biased Agonism
Fluorescent Green β-arrestin-GLP-1 kits are now available! Use cADDis cAMP, DAG, and arrestin assays to examine biased agonism at the GLP-1 receptor in cell models.
β-Arrestin GLP-1 kits include the Green β-arrestin sensor, GLP-1R, and GRK 5 packaged in BacMam.
If you have any questions about using these tools in your cells or would like to request a quote, send us an email at email@example.com. We’re happy to help!