Live Cell cAMP Assays
- Nunez, F.J., Johnstone, T.B. et al. Glucocorticoids rapidly activate cAMP production via Gαs to initiate non‐genomic signaling that contributes to one‐third of their canonical genomic effects FASEB Journal, Dec. 2019
- Nunez, F.J., Schulte, N.A., Fogel, D.M., et al. Agonist-specific desensitization of PGE2-stimulated cAMP signaling due to upregulated phosphodiesterase expression in human lung fibroblasts Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Arch Pharmacol Dec. 2019
- K. Hilgendorf, et al. Omega-3 Fatty Acids Activate Ciliary FFAR4 to Control Adipogenesis Cell November, 2019
- P. Salas, et al. Glucocorticoids and Myosin5b loss-of-function induce heightened PKA signaling in addition to membrane traffic defects MBoC Oct, 2019
- R. Lee, et al. Bitter taste receptors stimulate phagocytosis in human macrophages through calcium, nitric oxide, and cyclic-GMP signaling bioRxiv Sept, 2019
- R. Lee, et al. Inverse regulation of secretion and inflammation in human airway gland serous cells by neuropeptides upregulated in allergy and asthma bioRxiv May 10, 2019
- T. Baldwin, et al. Insights into the Regulatory Properties of Human Adenylyl Cyclase Type 9 Molecular Pharmacology. April, 2019
- T. Togo Autocrine purinergic signaling stimulated by cell membrane disruption is involved in both cell membrane repair and adaptive response in MDCK cells Biochem & Biophysical Research Comm. March, 2019
- R. Ostrom, et al. Transforming Growth Factor-β1 Decreases β2-Agonist–induced Relaxation in Human Airway Smooth Muscle ATSJournas, Dec 2018
- Y.A.B. Sierra, et al. Potassium channel-based optogenetic silencing. Nature Communications Nov. 5 2018.
- X. Chen, et al. Phenylephrine, a common cold remedy active ingredient, suppresses uterine contractions through cAMP signalling. Scientific Reports Aug. 2018.
- P. Tewson, et al. Assay for Detecting Gαi-Mediated Decreases in cAMP in Living Cells. SLAS. July 10, 2018. Request Full Text PDF
- T. Buranda, et al. A High-Throughput Flow Cytometry Screen Identifies Molecules that Inhibit Hantavirus Cell Entry. SLAS Discovery. April 2, 2018.
- N. H. Wray, et al. NMDAR-independent, cAMP-dependent antidepressant actions of ketamine. Molecular Psychiatry. April 2, 2018.
- H. Zou, et al. PDE8: A Novel Target in Airway Smooth Muscle. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology. Vol. 58, No. 4. April 01 2018.
- M. Thomas, et al. Toward a High Throughput Screen for Voltage Sensors. 2018.
- T.B. Johnstone, et al. PDE8 is Expressed in Human Airway Smooth Muscle and Selectively Regulates cAMP Signaling by β2AR-AC6. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology. Dec. 2017.
- K.A. McCrink, et al. β-Arrestin2 Improves Post-Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure via Sarco(endo)plasmic Reticulum Ca2+-ATPase-Dependent Positive Inotropy in Cardiomyocytes. Hypertension. Nov. 2017.
- J. Almaça, et al. Human beta cells produce and release serotonin to inhibit glucagon secretion from alpha cells.Cell Reports, Volume 17, Issue 12, 2016.
- P. Tewson, et al. New DAG and cAMP Sensors Optimized for Live-Cell Assays in Automated Laboratories. J Biomol Screen Dec. 11, 2015. Request Full Text PDF
- B.S. Moore, et al. Cilia have high cAMP levels that are inhibited by Sonic Hedgehog-regulated calcium dynamics. PNAS Nov. 15, 2016.
Live Cell DAG Assays
- C Deisl et al. Hypertrophy of human embryonic stem cell–derived cardiomyocytes supported by positive feedback between Ca2+ and diacylglycerol signals. Pflügers Archiv – European Journal of Physiology Jun. 2019
- Herranz, Gonzalo et al. Protein Kinase C δ Regulates the Depletion of Actin at the Immunological Synapse Required for Polarized Exosome Secretion by T Cells. Frontiers in Immunology Apr. 2019
- Ohno, et al. Dynamics of Presynaptic Diacylglycerol in a Sensory Neuron Encode Differences between Past and Current Stimulus Intensity. Cell Reports, Vol. 20, Issue 10. Sept. 2017
- Shigeto, et al. GLP-1 stimulates insulin secretion by PKC-dependent TRPM4 and TRPM5 activation. J Clinical Invest. 2015. doi:10.1172/JCI81975.
- Xingjuan, et al. PKC-dependent Phosphorylation of the H1 Histamine Receptor Modulates TRPC6 Activity. Cells. 2014.
- P. Tewson, et al. New DAG and cAMP Sensors Optimized for Live-Cell Assays in Automated Laboratories. J Biomol Screen Dec. 2015. Request Full Text PDF
- Arttamangkul, et al.Does PKC activation increase the homologous desensitization of μ opioid receptors?British Journal of Pharmacology April 2014
- Tewson, et al. Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells. PLoS One. 2012.
Live Cell PIP2 Assays
- L.Liu, et al. Gαq sensitizes TRPM8 to inhibition by PI(4,5)P2 depletion upon receptor activation. J.Neurosci. May 2019.
- Teaching an Old Drug New Tricks: Agonism, Antagonism, and Biased Signaling of Pilocarpine through M3 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Molecular Pharmacology Nov. 2018 , and
- Q. Wang, et al. Regulator of G protein signaling Gβ5-R7 is a crucial activator of muscarinic M3 receptor-stimulated insulin secretion. FASEB J. Jul. 7,2017.
- Y. Ding, et al. Ratiometric biosensors based on dimerization dependent fluorescent protein exchange. Nature Methods, 2015.
- P. Tewson, et al. A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. J. Biomolecular Screening 18, 2013.
Live Cell Ca2+ Assays
- M.C. Cañizal, et al. A Dual Ca2+/ DAG Sensor Reports on Ligand Efficiency.
- C. Xingjuan, et al. PKC-dependent Phosphorylation of the H1 Histamine Receptor Modulates TRPC6 Activity. Cells. 2014.
- P. Tewson, et al. A multiplexed fluorescent assay for independent second-messenger systems: decoding GPCR activation in living cells. Journal of Biomolecular Screening 18, 2013.
- J. Wu, et al. Improved Orange and Red Ca2+ Indicators and Photophysical Considerations for Optogenetic Applications. ACS Chem Neurosci. Jun. 19, 2013
- H.J. Carlson, et al. Mutational Analysis of a Red Fluorescent Protein-Based Calcium Ion Indicator. Sensors, 2013.
- P. Tewson, et al. Simultaneous Detection of Ca2+ and Diacylglycerol Signaling in Living Cells. PLoS One. 2012.
Plate Reader Application Notes
- Characterizing GPCR Activaton using Live Cell Imaging. Biotek Instruments
- Real-Time Detection of Gs and Gi Signaling in Living Cells on a BMG CLARIOstar. BMG LabTech
- Simultaneous detection of GPCR second messengers in living cells. BMG LabTech
- Thapsigargin-induced Cellular Stress Response and Inhibition of Gq-dependent Calcium Signaling. Biotek Instruments