Lin 28 is an RNA-binding protein that inhibits processing of pre-let-7 miRNAs and regulates translation of mRNAs that control developmental timing, pluripotency and metabolism. It has more recently been used, in addition to the other Yamanaka factors to create iPSC cells (Okita et al., 2013). The reference sequence for this is NM_024674.6.
Advantages to using BacMam for Yamanaka Factor expression:
- Adjust the expression levels of the factors by simply adjusting the amount of the BacMam you add to the culture.
- Adjust the relative amounts of transcription factor expression by adjusting the ratio of the different amounts of the different BacMam viruses you add.
- Transduce the cells multiple times, over multiple days, to produce prolonged expression.
- The BacMam vector produces transient, integration free expression.
- BacMam vectors are shelf stable in the refrigerator for over a year.
- BacMam vectors are cost effective. Each of our products contains 10 mls of virus at 2 * 10e10 viral genes per ml, exceeding competitors Lentivirus products by orders of magnitude.
We strive for prompt delivery of each order, so we ship by FedEx 2-day service in lightweight, sturdy, and reusable/biodegradable packaging with an insulated cooler and moisture-resistant refrigerant gel packs. Shipping days are Mon-Wed so product does not sit in transit over the weekend. Web store ships to US & Canada only, contact sales for other locations.